Vision and Mission
Our vision is to educate, empower, uplift and inspire woman to give them hope and a future.
Our mission is to provide a social economic and development program that will help to take girls off the street and give these young women their dignity back.
Social Economic Development
We are so proud and excited to announce the launch of our WomanMpower social economic development programme
(NPC Reg nr: 2017/151761/08) based at the Melville Wellness Centre & Day Spa.
We are educating, empowering and uplifting young woman from all walks of life in our community, to give them hope and a future, by equipping them with life skills and practical beauty therapy training.
The Melville Wellness Day Spa has, since it existence in 2003, been providing training to ladies. The ladies were given training in beauty technology and skincare product training.
The environment of an established business in the form of a Spa lends itself for practical in-house training.
We have several success stories, of which 2 members of this NGC, have started with us over 10 years ago and have both grown into the the roles of successful managers in the business.
Our experience is summarized in the services we offer.
Our organisational work includes individual, group and organisational wide interventions. Every service is tailor-made to the needs of the individual/student.
Services offered include the following:
- Organisational development
- Change management
- Leadership development
- Executive and leadership coaching
- Talent management
- Empowerment and resilience workshops (i.e. Own your life and career, preparing powerful women for tomorrow, Discover your voice, etc)
- Emotional intelligence development
- Psychometric assessments
- Practical training and skills development in all aspects of beauty therapy and aesthetic therapy
- Practical and on the job experience in all of the above
Our coaching style is facilitative (dialogue is at the heart of coaching). The directional power of coaching dialogue lies primarily in its ability to question. Questioning should be followed by inspired analysis, detailed action planning and follow-through back in the work environment. The full value of coaching is when a new behaviour is actually performed in the real world. Regular coaching sessions are scheduled to address a coaching agenda that is based on the specific needs of the client.
Empowerment and resilience workshops:
The outcomes of these workshops will lead participants to:
- Understand the crucial importance of taking personal responsibility and ownership of their life and career in an ever changing and unpredictable post-modern world
- Grasp that a career path is what you do with the opportunity given to you when you are employed
- Be able to describe and verbalise their own brand in terms of their unique value proposition
- Have the tools to become agile, resilient future fit individuals
- Remain positive and productive during uncertain and unpredictable times because they understand the importance of a positive, resilient personal brand reputation as paramount to survive and excel.
- Be physically and emotionally prepared for the work place as well as extensive job experience is provided in this course
- Attendance certificates given for each course completed
Emotional intelligence development:
Emotional intelligence is a set of skills that improves the individual’s ability to succeed in life, such as self-awareness, intuitively grasping other’s needs, being able to cope with stressful situations, and to regulate emotions in a way that promotes growth on an intra-personal level and in interpersonal relationships.
Emotional intelligence development entails the following:
- Assessment of emotional intelligence by means of the EQI 2.0 instrument with feedback about development areas;
- An interactive, experiential workshop to deepen understanding and to develop an action plan for emotional intelligence development; and
- Follow-up coaching where necessary to enable implementation of action plans.
Basic Training Programme:
The training programme will consist of the following:
- Personal Hygiene
- Communication skills
- Basic Reception duties
- Client Care
- Spa Facials
- Slimming Treatments
- Selling Technique
- 99% Black
- 100% Woman
Registrations number: 2017/151761/08